A lot of skin show is on the cards: Tusshar

Ever since Shah Rukh Khan revealed his six-pack abs and Aamir Khan displayed his beefed-up bod... there seems to be a new bug in the Bollywood air called the ‘work-out bug’.

And the latest actor to have been bitten by it is Tusshar Kapoor. The actor’s been been working on his way up to the six-pack-ab ladder since the past three months and is looking fitter than ever before. Tusshar, however, insists that gaining a six or eight-pack is not his aim. “I hate all those tags. What I have been trying for is to achieve and maintain a leaner and a fitter-looking body. But working out has now become such a passion for me that I even take my trainer for outdoor schedules,” says Tusshar.

Though not an impossible task, the real challenge for the actor was giving up his fondness for sweets. “That was tough,” he admitted. “People have a sweet tooth, I have a sweet jaw. So, to overcome that temptation was the hard part. An hour’s work-out everyday took care of the rest after the initial hurdles.” Incidentally, dad Jeetendra who’s always been one of the fittest actors in B-town, though a fitness freak, never fell prey to the muscle-packing brigade. “Yes, but now even he’s been inspired by me and we often exchange tips on working out. He’s always been my inspiration when it comes to healthy eating, but now I’m his inspiration for body-building,” smiles Tusshar.

The extra pounds are not the only thing that Tusshar has shed. The actor’s even ditched his boy-next-door image to reveal a wilder side of him. No more Mr Shy Guy, Tusshar confesses that his new bod has helped him gain enough confidence to shed his clothes on screen. “Yes, I definitely plan to make the most of my new physique and a lot of skin show is definitely on the cards,” laughs Tusshar, who has almost five films releasing this year including Run Bhola Run, remake of the Amol Paleker starrer Golmaal, Life Partner, an untitled Neeraj Vohra film, and Golmaal 3. “I think once you are confident about your body, you automatically shed inhibitions,” he adds.

In fact, it was this new-found confidence that even encouraged him to take to the ramp for the first time this year. “Over the years, I’d earned a sweet-boy image and I was shy to break it. Also being new then, I was trying to play it safe. But now, I am coming into my own and ready to flaunt the real me,” says the actor. “I now hope to be ‘seen’ more and plan to make up for not being heard...” he laughs referring to the mute character he plays in the hit Golmaal series.